Monday 21 April 2008

Is he?

I saw yesterday's movie at Newtown. It is a good location with its gay vibes and myriad restaurants and before the movie I had breakfast at the cafe adjoining the cinemas.

Between breakfast and the movie I ran into Rd whose mother is at the same Nursing Home as mine. He was with another man and they were about to have a coffee together.

Rd is a sports journalist and it had never occurred to me that he might be gay. I still don't imagine that he might be gay simply because I have seen him in the street with a man.

But when that sighting is in King Street Newtown...well that does raise the chances slightly. I'll be taking a bit more notice of him in future to see whether he starts to register on my gaydar.

6 comments:

  1. I guess it would be morally wrong for you to tell us which presenter he is? But at least then we could all help you out by giving our gaydar ratings :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Evol - I wouldn't name someone in that way. This person is not a presenter - not currently anyway. I know he used to be heard occasionally on radio years ago in Sydney.

    He is a freelance journalist and his name would be known as a sports writer to some with a deep interest in sport but I doubt he would be known generally in the sense that a 'celebrity' is known.

    Anyway, I'm still highly doubtful that he is gay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh isn't it always interesting to catch a glimpse of someone, you think could be a little closer to our liking than we first thought, it sure does make one curious enough to investigate a little further....
    Even though we all like to know names, I do applaud you on not wanting to reveal the man in question. We all deserve the right to some privacy.

    Naughty Evol...*winks*

    ReplyDelete
  4. So some years down the track, have you confirmed your opinion? The only gay sports media person I recall has the initials Rob Astbury. He is well out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrew, the man outed himself, but V is too discreet to join the dots here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andrew, the man outed himself but V is still too discreet to join the dots here. V commented on my post "Bounced again" instead.

    ReplyDelete