Sunday 10 June 2012

Then...and now

Andrew set the challenge yesterday with his 1950s/60s photographs of Sydney trams and streets. Generously he selected three locales close to my home so I was able to photograph the three sites this morning.

Here are those three locations in the same order as Andrew's post. (Click on each to enlarge.)

New South Head Road and McLachlan Avenue, Rushcutters Bay

Oxford Street and Greens Road, Paddington

Edgecliff Road and Wallis Street, Woollahra

How did I do, Andrew?

2 comments:

  1. Excellent Victor. The Paddington and Woollahra locations are quite recognisable but I can see absolutely nothing familiar in the Rushcutters Bay photo. Extraordinary. Now what about the Victoria Road one? What? You can't stand in the middle of Victoria Road now? I am kidding you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about it Andrew but then I concluded you had provided your own 'then and now' for Victoria Road (although not really the same spot) so I didn't bother.

    ReplyDelete