Saturday 25 October 2014

Climbing the mountain


It took me enough hours to download and install Apple's new Yosemite operating system to my MacBook so I knew what I was in for when I volunteered today to take Ae's MacBook home to update hers.

Ae's prepaid internet connection simply doesn't have enough capacity for the required amount of download to be handled speedily and I knew that Ae would panic at the apparent lack of progress if left to monitor the download herself.

As it turned out I was 4/5 of the way through the download to her MacBook when my internet connection dropped out and when I got it going again the download restarted from the beginning. Four hours after I started and with much relief the download and installation finally were accomplished.

2 comments:

  1. While I am not talking about operating systems, I know the dismay caused by downloading a very large file and having it fail near the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First world problems we 'suffer' nowadays, Andrew.

      Delete