Friday 22 February 2008

Couch potato

I have to own up. I am a couch potato and spend far too much time watching television when I should be outdoors in the fresh air walking off my excess weight.

There are programs I enjoy and try not to miss either watching them at broadcast time or recorded through my Foxtel IQ (a misnomer if ever I knew one).

Thinking about my favourite programs I realise that they spring a red flag that screams out GAY. My sexuality is defined by my television viewing. Just think about it. The following are my current favourite programs with favourite features listed too;

Brothers and Sisters - cute guys and gay themes
Desperate Housewives - cute guys and gay themes
Huff - cute guy (the schizophrenic brother who appeared impressively full frontal in one episode)
The Tudors - cute guys and loads of sexual themes
Skins - cute guys and gay themes
Unit One - cute Danish guys, occasional sexual themes
Dalziel and Pascoe - cute sidekick (Pascoe)
Gossip Girl - despite puerile storylines, cute guys
SBS Friday night documentary - sexual themes and nudity
SBS Friday night movie - sexual themes often with nudity
Out and About - GLBT travel show
The L Word - will even watch an hour of Lesbian angst to glimpse the occasional cute guy extra

How lowbrow gay am I?

3 comments:

  1. I don't think I qualify as a couch potato, but there are a couple of TV shows I really like to catch too. "Time Team" - ABC
    "Food Safari" - SBS
    "Spicks and Specks" - ABC.
    Ummm... that covers it.... except I do have a soft spot for America's Next Top Model. Nigel Barker REALLY doest it for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been dying to see The Tudors.

    I spend half the year in LA and the other half in NYC. I find I watch way more TV in LA then in NYC.

    Out and About, is that an Aussie gay show?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alan, 'Out and About' is a GLBT travel and lifestyle show screening on Foxtel cable television in Australia. I found on the net that it is screened in the USA under the name 'Round Trip Ticket' and there is an entry for the series in the Internet Movie Database under that name.

    ReplyDelete