Tuesday 19 February 2008

It takes all sorts


It was a busy day at the hospital with over 70 admissions, an above average number of pre-admission appointments and a flurry of discharges mid morning. There were some delightful incoming patients.


Our hospital attracts it's share of celebrity patients, many of them easy going, and every now again one or other who is....how should I put it....unnecessarily aware of their status. One internationally known film actor was in the lobby today casually chatting with his son who appeared to be an inpatient and evidently not concerned to be amongst the general public nor demanding of special attention.


Another equally internationally renowned entertainer was listed for admission today and Ta told me quietly that he is one of the most difficult people she has had the displeasure to deal with. This is quite at odds with his image and I was surprised to hear her experience with him. I have previously encountered him in the hospital when he sought directions from me and he seemed quite civil so I was interested to see how he behaved today but he had not arrived when I completed my duty.
(Sorry but I won't reveal the name of either person; can't divulge the confidence but it definitely is NOT Brad Pitt.)

3 comments:

  1. Perhaps you could consider becoming a member of the paparazzi? Although that could be ethically challenging! Not sure why Blogger won't let me upload images in portrait format - it only seems to happen when I use my Mac, which is quite weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps you could consider becoming a member of the paparazzi? Although that could be ethically challenging! Not sure why Blogger won't let me upload images in portrait format - it only seems to happen when I use my Mac, which is quite weird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes if I was so challenged I probably could make a fortune with photographs and tips to the media. But then I'm sure the hospital would bar me from its premises as soon as it discovered such activity.

    ReplyDelete