Thursday 21 February 2008

My day off

Thursday is my day off and I usually follow up any chores, appointments and the like on this day. First thing today was a dentist appointment. I try to get the first appointment of the morning so that I don't have to spend the day with the dentist visit in the back of my mind.

It was my six monthly checkup and there was little for the dentist to do but to scale and polish my teeth. He took x-rays to check for cavities and thankfully all was fine. I often gag when he x-rays my teeth which makes me wonder how it is that I can engage in a certain other oral entertainment without gagging.

Following the dentist I went to the CBD for my next chore. The next photo is a clue.

Those who think this is a photo of Monsieur Poirot's 'egghead' are close but incorrect. It is my egghead just after my zero haircut this morning. I like my hair cut short. My hair tends to grow thick and wiry and I don't like the feel of it that way. Straight after my hair is cut I look like Yul Brynner in The King and I but for the next few days I rather like the bristly feel of my head as my hair grows back. Whilst I like that bristly feel on my head I don't enjoy it elsewhere!
From the barber I took my self to Bondi Junction for breakfast in the mall. This is a regular Thursday indulgence as my breakfasts at home consist of rather boring weetbix and milk. This morning it was scrambled eggs, bacon, tomato and toast.


As you can see, a lot of bacon this morning. No wonder my weight keeps ballooning. The orange juice is fresh and healthy though. My weekly celebrity magazine is on display too. I like perving the magazine for the cute guys they photograph although those photos generally are greatly outnumbered by photos of Britney, Lindsay, Paris and the like.

Then to bridge. I play a noon time game every second Thursday as a favour to a friend. I'd rather be out in the fresh air and maybe even cruising but friends come first. Our bridge club tables are not as tidy as the one depicted in this image which I downloaded from Google. And we certainly don't have a medicinal whiskey with our cards!

3 comments:

  1. What a fantastic Thursday. Sure beats my day of doing job evaluation for my staff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muzbot - I had that stuff for 37 years in the public service. Retirement is the way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, Bacon *Homer Simpson gurgle*

    ReplyDelete