Sunday 9 March 2008

Addiction

This new addiction of mine, blogging, threatens to take over my life.

Yesterday morning, Ae called to ask for a ride to the nursing home. I told her Mum was still in hospital and that I would be visiting her but that it would be OK for me to drop Ae at the home on my way to the hospital. We arranged that I would pick her up outside Edgecliff Station as usual.

When I left home I was thinking of some Blog posts I had read in the morning and was mentally drafting some possible responses. I was so into my mental blogging that I drove straight past the station without stopping for Ae and didn't realise what I had done until I had reached Rushcutters Bay. I then had to continue almost to Kings Cross before I could make a right hand turn to return to Edgecliff.

My mind was so distracted by blogging thoughts that I could have driven straight through red lights for all I know.

Blogging can be dangerous.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha. At least blogging took your mind of your mum for a few minutes. Hope she's back on track soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And then you came home an blogged about it. ;)

    ReplyDelete