Friday 21 March 2008

As regular as clockwork....

It's Easter and as regular as clockwork when Good Friday arrives so does the rain and cold weather in Sydney. Summer disappeared overnight.

Three years ago I met Mk, who is about my age, through an internet chat room. We exchanged instant messages and emails in the modern courting ritual before our first meeting. We shared an interest in movies, theatre and internet browsing but not in each other sexually or as partners. This didn't matter as we developed a movie/theatre buddy relationship. We met up most weeks.

Towards the end of last year Mk met Rs through an internet dating site. It was love and lust at first sight just like a Fred Astaire or Judy Garland movie but without the initial impediments. Just straight to happily ever after. In truth I was a bit jealous but I was happy for them both - it gave me hope that I might yet find my great love.

As Mk and Rs moved in with each other Mk disappeared from my life except for our monthly theatre subscription plays. But he stopped sending me text messages and he no longer came to the movies with me.

Last night out of the blue Mk text me and asked me to join him at the movies today. We are going to see Lust Caution. Rs must be working over Easter; he's a flight attendant.

I wonder if he has any news? Maybe they are getting married?

1 comment:

  1. That is a bit sad. It happens often to younger people. Sometimes the friend will 'come back' at some point.

    ReplyDelete