Tuesday 11 March 2008

Assortment.......

I'm about to start the ironing and in the absence of an ironing board cover such as this I am using The Bold and the Beautiful as background distraction whilst I do the deed. It is insanely ridiculous but the adventures of Brooke, Ridge, Stephanie et al help the drudgery fly by.

As back up, I am on a sugar binge and have just opened a packet of Jelly Babies. My intention is to eat just one which really means can I stop before I eat the entire packet in one go. The usual answer is no.

Spent four hours today on Day 13 of hospital bedside vigil for my Mother. In fact she is well enough to return to her Nursing Home but now they are waiting until she is as mobile as when she entered the hospital before she is discharged. Unfortunately she simply would not cooperate today refusing to sit up in bed, let alone take a short walk around the room. Looks like Mum will remain in hospital a few days more whilst we get her back on her feet. This is very disappointing.

On my way home from the hospital I stopped off for a dalliance and luckily was successful. Once again a short exchange but a pleasant one.

3 comments:

  1. When you iron the cloth of the 'male covering' of the ironing board does it vanish?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peter - I wish I had covers like these. They would make ironing much more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think my ironing board would be put away after finishing the ironing. ;-)

    I hope you're keeping an eye out on yourself during these stressful times of bedside vigils with your mother. You are very strong. She is fortunate to have you.

    ReplyDelete