Tuesday 15 April 2008

Barry's the man


Barry Hall's appearance at the Tribunal this evening to have a coffee and chat about that punch has featured prominently in Sydney news bulletins today.

I can only imagine the level of coverage this matter is getting in Melbourne and Perth where there is....ahem....slightly greater interest in AFL.

I have to admit that his boofish behaviour aside, I have often thought it would be rather pleasant to engage in some horizontal folk dancing with Mr Hall.

Postscript: The Tribunal so enjoyed Mr Hall's company tonight that they have given him a rest from football for seven weeks.

4 comments:

  1. You are right about the press coverage Victor, however, I won't fight you for some pleasure time with him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melbourne's obsession with 'footy' bore me to tears. People just assume you're a supporter and look shocked when you say you couldn't care less!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've now seen that punch - in slow-motion, in freeze-frame - about 132 times now.
    And they decry violence on the footy field...

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Horizontal folk dancing?" ROFL! Thanks for the chuckle this AM!

    ReplyDelete