Tuesday 29 April 2008

Easy touch?


Earlier this year I approached a financial advisory service. I received their presentation and I followed up by signing with them.

The service was recommended to me by Hn who phoned this afternoon to say that she has received a surprise and that she has me to thank for it. The financial service has sent her a generous picnic hamper filled with goodies in acknowledgement of her referral. I'm not the first person she has referred but this is the first time she has received a lavish gift for doing so.

We had a good laugh over this but I am led to wonder whether the service sees me as a future source of their enrichment.

2 comments:

  1. Given that they have disclosed those trailing commissions to you, the hamper shouldn't be such a surprise to you, should it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I realise they are not running a charity.

    ReplyDelete