Wednesday 23 April 2008

Forgetting Sarah Marshall

It was a rare Wednesday off for me today with the Day Centre closed and since the rain was falling for the eleventh successive day I made another trip to the movies to see Forgetting Sarah Marshall.

The trip itself will have an unexpected and unwelcome impact on my wallet but that is a matter for another posting.



I don't 'get' Judd Apatow. He is the producer of Forgetting Sarah Marshall which is written by and stars Jason Segel. Segel appears in the movie in full frontal nudity for good measure.

The movies Apatow has been connected with have been well reviewed in Australia. Others find them to be very funny. I find the humour in them juvenile and quite unsubtle. That's not to say I don't get any laughs from them. I just don't rate them as highly as the critics who seem oblivious to their silliness.

For me, Forgetting Sarah Marshall is more of the same. Don't forget the nudity!

1 comment:

  1. So that is what all those Sarah Marshall tram stop ads are about. It's a movie.

    ReplyDelete