Monday 26 May 2008

Getting busy....and what did I miss?

As the Two Ronnies might have said, "In a packed day....".

I was quite busy after dropping Mt off at the airport this morning.

I'd noticed on the drive to the Airport that the traffic heading back into the CBD on Southern Cross Drive was chock-a-block so I took an alternative journey home via Randwick which gave me a convenient excuse to stop at the cake shop there to pick up some Apple Slices and Lamingtons. I have a sweet tooth and very basic taste in cakes and will get stuck into them later.

Then to Edgecliff for some essential shopping at Coles. Back home, I got through three loads of laundry and when done it still was not quite midday. With plenty of time ahead of me, I drove up to Bondi Junction where I tried on and purchased a pair of black walking sneakers at Rebel and then moved on to the Mall where I purchased a bagel for lunch.

Still plenty of time available so I drove to the car wash in Cleveland Street for a badly needed cleanup for my Corolla. Finished reading my current book, Survivors, just as my car was ready for collection and then returned home.

Then I spent the afternoon catching up with my regular blog list which I'd not been able to get to for the past week whilst Mt was in town. I was amazed at the number of fellow gay bloggers who had watched the Eurovision Song Contest.



I hadn't watched this event since I'd lived in London back in 1974/75. In fact I had never had the inclination to do so since then. Obviously I'm missing something that so many of my gay brothers find unmissable. I better take a peek when it returns in 2009.

It will seem strange to get back to bridge tonight. I haven't played for over a week.

3 comments:

  1. i shop at coles at edgecliffe too ! probably we have a 'sliing doors' situation going on here. enjoy reading your blog victor! take care. nick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nick - I'm no Gwyneth Paltrow, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey victor, and i'm no what-ever-the-male-lead-was either. but what do we care!

    ReplyDelete