Saturday 14 June 2008

Nine Lives


Yes I know, it's my fourth film this week. Today was cool and miserable so after seeing my Mum at the home I took myself across to Newtown to see Nine Lives.

I read in Internet Data Base that this film dates from 2005. It is being shown on only the one screen in Sydney. This would usually suggest that the film is a stinker.

Nine Lives comprises nine short scenes, each of about twelve minutes. Women predominate and the scenes are unconnected as far as their storylines go although featuring overlapping characters.

Some scenes carry more impact than others and all frustrate to some degree in that you get snippets of the characters' lives shown out of context. I would have loved to know more about some of the situations.

Nine Lives will not be to everyone's taste. Someone in the audience snored through the last four or five scenes.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like my kind of film, so thank you for your review. I enjoy short films, especially collections whose stories are not related but feature overlapping characters. I will add this to my Netflix queue.

    Mark :-)

    ReplyDelete