Tuesday 3 June 2008

No longer bold nor beautiful


The Bold and the Beautiful was playing in the background as I checked my blog roll a while ago. I'd turned the television on in preparation for the 5pm news bulletin.

I became addicted to B&B from the late 1980s for perhaps a decade despite its improbable recurring story lines. I had been put on to the program by my parents, who in their retirement, watched it every day. Eventually the continual rehashing, remixing and rematching of plots amongst the same characters wore me down. I cannot recall the last time I tuned in to specifically view the soapy.

I was pleased tonight that I had no interest in taking a look despite the "same old, same old" dialogue that once enticed me playing in the background.

3 comments:

  1. And how much do you want to be that if you were to tune it in 3 months from now that you would still be able to follow the storyline from where you left off? LOL :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Bold and the Beautiful. When at university, I used to set the VCR to record a week's worth of episodes and then watch them back-to-back on the weekend.

    I really liked Ridge's first wife Caroline... remember her?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guy - you go back farther than I do. I only saw Caroline in flashback sequences.

    ReplyDelete