Wednesday 16 July 2008

Flashing lights


Looking out my window tonight I see a ribbon of flashing lights at water level across Sydney Harbour. I have never seen these lights previously and can't effectively take a picture of them for readers.

I assume they are part of the security arrangements for tomorrow's official arrival in Sydney of the Pope by what is being called a 'boatacade'. He is boarding a cruise vessel at Rose Bay and cruising the harbour before landing at Barangaroo.

Tomorrow is being referred to as Super Thursday because of scheduled World Youth Day activities.

Unfortunately I have a reason to be in the CBD but I intend to do so early in the morning and hopefully make my departure for home well before the expected hundreds of thousands of pilgrims descend upon the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment