Wednesday 9 July 2008

They got away...


I've been living at my current apartment building for eighteen years. In the first few years my lock up garage was broken into three times (from memory) but nothing was taken nor was my car damaged.

For some years afterwards there was no attempt to break into my property (to my knowledge) although I am aware there were burglaries elsewhere in the complex.

Then last week the bolt to my garage was damaged, apparently in a break in attempt. Again nothing was stolen nor was anything else damaged.

On the weekend, the second of two other apartments on my floor was burgled. A television, a computer and some clothing were taken. The burglary occurred sometime between 10.30pm Saturday (when I was sitting down to watch the Wimbledon Women's Final) and 4pm Sunday. Although I was home for a lot of that period, I heard and saw nothing of this.

The apartment wasn't broken into. The burglar evidently had keys to access the apartment or it had been inadvertently left unlocked. Anyway, a spare set of keys to the building were also stolen from the apartment so the security locks into the building had to be changed and all thirty-six apartments given new keys.

Modern life!

3 comments:

  1. Time to invest in CCTV?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As it happens Andrew, that is exactly what the Body Corporate is doing now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear that you were not the one "burgled." I have never heard that term used before, but thought it was cute.

    ReplyDelete