Saturday 2 August 2008

Alligator Airways


Three weeks from today, Hn, Ae and I will be flying to Broome to commence our two weeks trip through the Kimberleys and Kakadu to Darwin.

On Day 8 we will do a flying/driving/walking visit to the Bungle Bungles. Our flight will be by Alligator Airways. I have flown a lot but am not keen on small aircraft operated by companies with exotic names so it will be interesting to see how I handle these flights.


The day tour itself sounds great and flight aspects aside I am really looking forward to a day that should be a highlight of our holiday.

3 comments:

  1. Ok, just last night I watched a French tv documentary show that's on Friday nights through the summer. Last night's topic was Australia, and included a segment on flying tours of Bungle Bungles, not to mention Darwin and that neck of the woods.

    Strange coincidence? Hmmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, other segments included the strange boxing circus sideshow of Fred Brophy (which was actually kinda scary), and the every-two-years formal dance at Curdimurka (did I spell that right?).

    Also the world's largest postal route: a plane that delivers mail to remote spots in the outback.

    And the requisite segment on "salties."

    ReplyDelete
  3. wcs: I'm hoping we don't encounter any crocodiles; they give me the creeps.

    Curdimurka is correct, well done!

    ReplyDelete