Saturday 2 August 2008

Sands on Coogee


Tonight I joined Fs, Bn, St and Jn for dinner at Sands on Coogee.

Fs organised the dinner as a get together prior to her flight tomorrow morning to South Africa and Namibia for six weeks holiday.

I had met St about four years ago at another dinner organised by Fs and found him to be very attractive. His long time partner, Jn, was not at the dinner on that occasion as he spends most of the year overseas with his work for an international organisation. I had hoped at that time that St would find me attractive too and might want to spend time with me when Jn was not around. It was a foolish fancy given the long term relationship between the two and unsurprisingly nothing eventuated.

I was curious to meet Jn for the first time tonight. It turns out that he is quieter, less outgoing than St. I don't know whether St has aged noticeably in the four years since I saw him or if my memory is faulty but he was not as sexy looking tonight as I had remembered. There is no doubt though that St has a winning outgoing personality.

It was not a long evening. We met for dinner at 6.30pm and were finished shortly after 9.30pm.

The restaurant, which Fs selected from the internet, had a lively atmosphere with all tables occupied. The food was interesting and reasonable although I found the menu selection a little limiting probably because there was a focus on seafood and I am not that keen on seafood generally.

2 comments:

  1. Clearly Victor, you did not have enough wine, certainly less than the last time you met St.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh Andrew, that explains it!

    ReplyDelete