Sunday 28 September 2008

Terrorism, Grievance, Fire?


Yesterday morning a series of fire engines raced along my road in the general direction of Bondi Junction. The sound of the sirens of fire engines and police vehicles is common in my area but the number of vehicles yesterday morning was unusual and for a while I wondered whether there was a major fire at the Westfield shopping centre.

Later in the day I was caught in major traffic delays around my home and then on the return journey found my street blocked off by the police. I still didn't know what had happened as I hadn't heard any news bulletins.

I subsequently heard about this event. The suggestions seemed variously to be possible terrorism or political act (both since discounted) or possibly grievance following loss of a job.

UPDATE: Police allege in court proceedings that the individual's grievance relates to an unsuccessful workers compensation claim.

No comments:

Post a Comment