Wednesday 28 January 2009

I'm an Ox


(City of Sydney logo)

I neglected to mention Chinese New Year last Sunday.

This year is the Year of the Ox and I am an Ox. So it is a milestone year for me in Chinese eyes and indeed in my own eyes as I turn 60 during it.

According to the City of Sydney's website;

People born in the Year of the Ox are placid, patient and have great physical stamina. They are born leaders who stubbornly defend their opinions against any argument. 2009, the Year of the Earth Ox, brings additional straightforwardness and solidity to the Ox making them loyal and focused, with honesty and kindness.

I won't tell you which bits of that accurately describe me and which bits do not.

Anyway, 恭喜發財 to those celebrating this festival.

5 comments:

  1. Year of the Earth Ox? You mean there's a Mars Ox, too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a chicken. Although I'd prefer to say Rooster. Or even cock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a significant year for you Victor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tee-hee, I am an ox too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. And all this time I thought you were nearing your 50th. :-)

    ReplyDelete