Tuesday 20 January 2009

I've Loved You So Long


Kristin Scott Thomas on release from prison goes to stay with her sister and family where they discover each other anew.

The French approach their films so differently from how Hollywood would handle the same storyline. There are no great pyrotechnics apart from the climactic finale. Key details are revealed quietly and at intervals and for the majority of the film the scenes unfold slowly allowing for character development.

Friends had raved about this film before I saw it and probably oversold its qualities to me so that it wasn't quite what I was expecting but I still enjoyed it as an interesting story well told.

1 comment:

  1. I loved it....i thought it was so subtle and beautiful. I love the french...they know how to tell a story so delicately. Kristin Scott Thomas is a genius and the actress who played the younger sister gave such a beautiful portrayal.

    ReplyDelete