Thursday 26 February 2009

Dragging my feet and other blogging analogies


I've been tardy in my blogging and my blog reading lately.

I blame the humidity. February is traditionally a very humid month in Sydney and I don't handle humidity well. It has been too easy for me in recent days to ease onto a comfy sofa, watch television or read a book rather than be active thus generating interesting experiences worthy of blogging.

I woke early this morning, just after 5am, without the need for an alarm, to watch the Queen Mary 2 ease up Sydney Harbour. QM2 was lit up like a fiftieth birthday cake as it sailed into Sydney in the morning darkness. It was an impressive sight even without me wearing my spectacles and my eyes still misty from overnight sleep.

Later in the morning I had my usual Thursday morning breakfast treat at The Zoo in Bondi Junction Mall before a lunchtime game of bridge.

Then off to the Podiatrist for my six weekly clean up. I've always imagined that being a Podiatry patient was the preserve of the older generation but I have noticed quite young patients in recent visits. The patient before me today was a schoolboy in his teen years.

I don't always fancy the scraping and tugging at my feet but I always enjoy viewing the Podiatrist's crotch from on high. My Podiatrist, Tm, is a young married man with a lean build who is inclined to wearing tight pants. My view of him from on high can be very stimulating at times.

Thinking about the younger patients - not school children but still younger than geriatrics like myself - I wondered today, for the first time, whether Tm occasionally has as entertaining a view looking up at us, as we the patients enjoy.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a beautiful sight. I'll leave it to you to decide which sight I'm talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking about attending one. It did not occur to me that some operators may be male.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @wcs you're talking about the sailors on the QM2, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that you don't miss an opportunity for a cheap thrill - you're a man after my own heart, Victor. he he

    ReplyDelete
  5. wcs - yes, indeed

    Andrew - I always have time for a male 'operator'

    Evol - I always have time for a sailor too

    Travelling - OK, I always have time for a cheap thrill as well

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had my share of podiatrists and I must say my second podiatrist was young, handsome...and married. Oh those sessions when he would touch my feet. Never a cold hand. But I digress. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, nice site you have here! Keep up the excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, nice site you have here! Keep up the excellent work!

    ReplyDelete