Friday 6 February 2009

Mission accomplished



Now to tie up some loose ends as they say in Bureaucracy land.

My battle with Telstra is over and, I believe, won.

The Department of Fair Trading telephoned me last Thursday to acknowledge my complaint and give me instructions on steps to take before they could formally speak to Telstra on my behalf. I followed those instructions immediately and within two hours of that call from DFT I had received calls from Telstra and Foxtel arranging my requested Pay TV upgrade with the appointment even arranged for the day and time of my preference. I didn't post about this progress at the time for fear that I would jinx it happening.

But happen it did yesterday and all within half an hour too. Based on that one experience it seems that Telstra will jump when DFT comes a calling so I would recommend anyone taking that route if they have a complaint against Telstra not involving telephone or internet services.

2 comments:

  1. You have only got what you originally wanted, which should not have been too hard for our large telecommunication company. You are owed compensation. Time to write a letter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only the french could give results like that - I've spent an hour on the phone to SFR - mobile phone co - today trying to find where my promised blackberry is. When I asked to speak to a manager the guy said "Sir, I am the master of my own calls. Today you will speak to me and no-one else."

    It was like a red rag to a bull....

    ReplyDelete