Wednesday 22 April 2009

Degrees of Separation

You probably know about the 'theory' of six degees of separation whereby everyone in the entire world can be linked to the American actor Kevin Bacon with no more than six people in the link.


You know the sort of thing. A lives next door to B who once sat next to C on a plane who once saw saw D across a street etc, etc.

Well, I have a bona fide four degrees of separation with both Glenn Close


and, better still, Brad Pitt.


My co-worker (one degree)
has a son (two degrees)
whose girlfriend (three degrees)
has acted with both Glenn Close (four degrees) and Brad Pitt (also four degrees).

There. That's my spurious brush with fame claim.

11 comments:

  1. And one of them probably knows Kevin Bacon, so the circuit is complete. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wcs - I didn't even think of that! How stupid of me but there you go, the hypothesis holds up. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah thats pretty much how it works, either of those actors will have worked with someone (five degrees) who has cast/acted with/used a urinal next to (six degrees) Kevin Bacon. If I knew anything about famous people I could work out those missing steps, but I know nothing so I'll let someone else fill in those blanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mutant - "used a urinal next to Kevin Bacon"; mmmm that's an idea, I think I'd like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Which movies was she in????????

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trouble is Victor, you can't ask the person you know about Brad's intimate details.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Evol - I'd prefer to email that to you if you want to let me know an address (which you can email me through my link).

    Andrew - yes, although photos I have seen on the net provide me some clues.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Victor - you need to get out and about a bit more - Jerry Springer, Bridge, Weird connections to people you don't know - like, wow - you are just too much into your own head.
    (just an observation, I like the movie reviews, but, bloody hell, there's GOT to be more to life than movies.
    Michael.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous Michael - My blog is about what's in my head and subjects that interest me such as sport, theatre and cinema.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I know who your co-worker's son's girlfriend is. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's good Steven; Evol has already guessed correctly in a separate email to me.

    ReplyDelete