Sunday 19 April 2009

No trumps


For a variety of reasons I've missed about seven successive sessions of bridge.

First there was the CBD blackout which induced a traffic jam preventing us getting to the club on time. Then Ce went off to Hahndorf for a Doll Club Fair or some such frivolity. Later I had a family commitment and then Ce and I took it in turns to be sick.

I am scheduled to play again tomorrow evening and that will be my first game in weeks. I'm not certain that I want to play. I used to look forward to the games but am finding it harder to feel motivated nowadays although once I'm at the club I usually enjoy the game. I suppose having played 2/3 times a week for nearly twenty years now, the novelty has worn off a bit. Especially as I play mostly with the same partner. A bit like having sex exclusively with the same person for twenty years.

Of course, if there were the occasional streaker at bridge, my motivation would be far higher.

6 comments:

  1. Bridge - a construction, usually mechanical, designed to join to separate areas/objects.
    Bridge the Card Game - an exercise designed to chew up time that could be gainfully used in doing...something, anything, else....
    Sorry Victor - never had the patience for it, never saw the need for it. Rather use me hands than me head...
    Michael.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael - Ah, but I'm a head man myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Depends by what you mean by using your head Victor - possibilities could be interesting...
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  4. How come no one took up "streaker"?

    Obviously Victor, your card mob need some livening up, can't we bend the rules to remove some clothing here and there on a losing rubber?? .... er no pun intended there, my mind is heading off in a tangent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe its time to find a new game and some new partners.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A game of Bridge where only a towel is used...to sit on. ;-)

    ReplyDelete