Friday 17 April 2009

A toe back in the water...

...metaphorically speaking.


After a week mainly couch and bed bound nursing my chest complaint I joined friends for lunch yesterday at the Coogee Legion Club. I have written previously about lunching there. The club's restaurant has a great position on the balcony looking across at the beach and surf.

Once again we were blessed with terrific weather for our lunch. It might be Autumn and heading towards to Winter but yesterday was a flawlessly sunny day with temperatures in the mid 20s centigrade. There were plenty of sunbathers and surfers at the beach as you might just make out from the photograph above taken from our table towards the end of lunch.

Ce and Je had Blue Eyed Cod, Ae and I ordered Veal and Prawns in a Light Mustard Cream Sauce and Be stuck to his favoured Chicken Schnitzel. I was starving by the time lunch was served having fasted overnight in preparation for blood tests earlier in the day and gobbled my meal down as though I had never eaten one before.

All in all a very pleasant afternoon.

3 comments:

  1. Such a fanfare of delicious food for lunch. You should have gone to Chish N Fips! ;-)

    Glad to hear that you are feeling better. Hopefully the weekend turns out just as enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Legion Club, though I haven't been there for a few years. Sunday afternoon jazz was always a highlight. Hoping they still do it.

    ReplyDelete