Saturday 2 May 2009

Stephen Spielberg...definitely not

I finally managed it; and yes the problem was the file was too large. I've taken and now publish my first video. Here it is. Bear in mind this was just for test purposes and is of no sophistication whatsoever.



So what is it?

A cloudy, cool Sydney day as seen from my balcony last Wednesday. The harbour looks better in the sun than it does here but never mind. You can hear the traffic noise, the tweeting of birds and only those with the best of hearing might make out the sounds of The Ellen De Generes Show which was playing on my television in the background.

And, oh yes, the zoom on my camera stinks.

11 comments:

  1. Great views. Would that be Double Bay or Rushcutters Bay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrew - it is Double Bay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you've got the hang of the video thing does that mean we're going to start seeing a few One Night In Paris clips from you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mutant - now that I've mastered(!) this, I'll probably move on to some new skill.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Am looking forward to seeing more...
    Great views btw.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice. My camera won't zoom when I'm in movie mode. :(

    What kind of camera is it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Muzbot - thanks
    wcs - It is a Canon IXUS 70 Digital; pretty basic camera really.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool! Wish we had a view like that from our place. Can't wait to see future vidcasts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice view! - and thanks for the tutorial on the subject, must dig out my camera and give it a try......
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  10. Am I the only one who saw that naked guy dancing in his window when Victor panned back to starting position??

    Rather than hearing Ellen and Tweety, I'd like to hear Victor next time giving us the virtual tour.

    All point and shoot cameras seem to have terrible zoom for video; mine included.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Steven - I missed that!

    ReplyDelete