Tuesday 30 June 2009

As the world turns...


...quickly around me.

Apologies for the lack of blogging activity, including not keeping up to date with my extensive blog list.

This condition of disequilibrium is most disconcerting and I am spending a lot of my time resting. Hence there is very little occurring in my life at the moment and even less by way of creative thought bubbling away in my mind.

Recovery is going slowly and my GP, who I saw yesterday, tells me whilst he expects me to make a full recovery it may take six weeks to achieve.

I thought I might help the recovery process speed up a little yesterday by taking one of the little pills that both the hospital doctor and my GP prescribed for me and which are designed for nausea. These were curious pills to prescribe a patient experiencing dizziness when a principal side effect of the medication is...wait for it...dizziness but I tried one any way.

Big mistake. Within an hour I felt worse than for the past three days. I won't be taking any more.

5 comments:

  1. Blerk - Doesn't sound like much fun at all. Were those the red pills or the blue ones... I always get them mixed up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're on the improve Victor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am I going to have to come over there and whip you into shape, young man? I remember a similar episode once when a prescription tripled the therapeutic level of another prescription that I was on. Not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're doing better soon. When you are, we'll be here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I once had a simple inner ear thing - I found the little motion sickness pills were worse than the dizziness.

    ReplyDelete