Tuesday 9 June 2009

Golden day


On Sunday I accompanied Hn and Ae out to someplace called Agnes Banks, between Penrith and Richmond, for Hn to select a Golden Retriever puppy for purchase.

I'd never heard of that suburb previously whose name made think of a Bank Teller and is about a ninety minute drive from where I live. Not being a pet or animal person I really only went along for the drive but it was hard not to feel warmth for these gorgeous puppies when I set eyes on them. There are eight in the five weeks' old litter, four of each gender, and Hn is after a female. Hn had seen the puppies two weeks earlier and was now advising the breeder of her preferred pup.

The husband of the breeder was a very friendly and talkative man who took us on a walk around his four acre property showing us the extraordinary variety of trees he inherited from the previous owner.

Although I was only along for a leisurely drive the journey turned into a pleasant day in the country with our return trip taking in both Richmond and Windsor where I had not visited in at least thirty years.

3 comments:

  1. Awww puppies. I miss my fat labrador. She has to live with her grandparents because I'm in a townhouse at present.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Puppies always make a trip worthwhile. Unless you take one home with you. Then your life becomes a living hell, at least for the first year.

    After that the puppy has trained you and you can be best friends forever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you were able to enjoy the trip out to the country. I love puppies, but that won't be considered until I am partnered.

    ReplyDelete