Wednesday 17 June 2009

No connection


I raced home this afternoon and logged on to the computer to pay some bills over the internet and clear up other correspondence before flying to Brisbane tomorrow and losing regular internet access for the following six days.

Naturally, just when I needed internet access I could not obtain it. I tried relogging and then restarting my computer but nothing worked. Then I turned to the telephone book for Telstra's technical problems number and was bemoaning how difficult I was finding it to locate the number when I heard on the radio that it seems people are having difficulty with Telstra's Bigpond network this afternoon. 'Yes, we are' was my immediate reaction tinged with relief that whatever my difficulty it now appeared to be my ISP's problem and not just that of my own equipment.

My heart sank as the Radio station advised it was having difficulty ascertaining any information from Telstra. If they were not able to get sense out of Telstra what luck would I have? Then the station reported that whatever the problem, which Telstra was not explaining, it covered most of the state.

Now I have my access back and I must hurry to get those internet chores done.

Blogging will take a backseat for the next few days whilst I make my birthday visit to Brisbane unless I can get computer access.

Be good everyone.

1 comment:

  1. You're coming to Brisbane and have no plans to see me?

    ReplyDelete