Thursday 9 July 2009

Finally, an outing


No, not out of the closet; that sort of happened by degrees over the years. My outing was to the nursing home to visit Mum who I haven't seen since before my hospitalisation two weeks ago.

Ae generously offered to drive me and luckily the heavy rain of the morning cleared into a reasonably sunny day as we set out. The last time Ae accompanied me to see Mum was somewhat unpleasant as Mum turned on one her dementia turns of aggression so I left Ae at the Home's cafe today whilst I first checked on Mum's temperament.

Of course, with her dementia, Mum had no idea that I hadn't been to visit her for two weeks and pleasingly she was in a very contented mood which continued when I then brought Ae along to see her. Mum looked very well and I was really pleased that Ae, who remembers Mum well from her pre-dementia days, had finally seen her in this light at the home.

On the way home, we stopped at the Drummoyne Sailing Club, where I treated Ae to lunch and drinks in thanks for the lift. It is a lovely setting there on the Parramatta River, the scene today being particularly tranquil.

1 comment:

  1. That looks very nice. Sydney does outdoor eating well.

    ReplyDelete