Sunday 9 August 2009

City to Surf

The City to Surf is Sydney's annual fun run/walk over 14 kilometres from Hyde Park in the Central Business District to Bondi Beach. This year's event was the 39th running and more than 70,000 entered. The course passes within 50 metres of where I live which is approximately at the 2 kilometre mark of the event.

For the first time in a few years I bothered to wander down to the corner to watch the competitors pass by. I arrived around 8.40am with the race commencing at 9am.


The street was cleared of traffic by the Police with all cross roads closed off.


The elite leaders passed by just short of 7 minutes after the start. The winner completed the course in 41 minutes and 2 seconds. This is a section of later competitors.

(Click on photo above and you can see a man on his balcony in the overlooking high rise - still dressed in his undies. I zoomed in for a pic of him; see subsequent post.)


And still more competitors passing by.

Some competitors dress in costume. I was generally too slow with my camera to snap the passing parade of Supermen and the like but I did capture pics of a few costumed folk.


Wigged competitors.


Tutu competitor.

1 comment:

  1. Boring old Melbourne. No one would run in a tutu.

    ReplyDelete