Tuesday 10 November 2009

Capitalism: A Love Story


Michael Moore turns his particular style of investigative reporting to the issue of democracy and business American style in Capitalism: A Love Story.

Those who have seen Moore's previous work will know what to expect.

I found this a bit dull actually. Moore makes clever use of historical footage to make some witty points but business is a bit of a dry topic and he failed to engage me most of the time.

I did enjoy watching 'experts' attempt to explain what 'derivatives' are and am none the wiser for the experience which of course is what Moore intended. Whilst I sympathise with Moore's take on many issues I'm always uneasy that he presents his view without offering balancing information that might be available, thus perpetrating the same offence for which he would criticise others.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't seen the movie yet, but sometimes there isn't a balanced perspective. Some things are just wrong.

    ReplyDelete