Tuesday 22 December 2009

Chocolate overdose


One of the nice things about volunteering is the generosity of employers, workmates and others who show appreciation for our efforts with end of year gifts.

This year at both the hospital and the nursing home I have received an embarrassing amount of gifts. I've even received a gift from an inpatient simply because she felt I put her at ease on her admission; that is, just for doing my job. The gifts include several hampers of goodies and far too many chocolates, the latter testing my sweet tooth addiction to the limit.

I'm sharing the chocolates around and trying not to get too big a head in awareness (to paraphrase Sally Field) that 'they appreciate me, the really appreciate me'.

4 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you Victor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Denys. Best wishes to you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankfully, I'm not tempted by chocolate. I don't mind eating some now and then, but I don't ever crave it, and one (or two) is often enough.

    Best of wishes for a warm, dry holiday! Er, that's "dry" as in no rain... I'll drink to that!

    ReplyDelete