Saturday 26 December 2009

G#$gle!


I tried out Google Chrome for several weeks and was happy with it initially. Sure there were some irritations; mainly layout differences from 'standard' Google which seemed cosmetic differences to me rather than user improvements but I quickly became used to them. After a while though I tired of the extra steps needed to scroll through long lists of favourite sites.

So, on Christmas Eve I uninstalled Chrome. Now it might be a coincidence but since that 'uninstallation' - is there such a word? - I have new problems.

For one thing I am having formatting difficulties creating new Blogger posts. Line alignment, font style and size have all gone awry at different stages.




Secondly, I can't get to my Hotmail email from the Windows Live Messenger box. Currently I have to Google my mail box.

Life was so simple before computers.

2 comments:

  1. Victor, several sayings come to my mind. You have to break eggs to make an omelette and nothing ventured, nothing gained are two. But so far as computers go and my lack of someone to assist me, I am inclined to follow, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. You are having a techie christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use chrome for most of my browsing, but I use Live (MS) for email and blog editing (and movie conversion from my camcorder to the pc). Hope you've gotten things figured out.

    ReplyDelete