Sunday 13 December 2009

I'm ready for my close up...


This is my latest spur of the moment purchase; a Sony video camera. Just call it a Christmas present to myself.

The salesman, with the New Zealand accent, assured me that it is an ideal, simple camera for a video novice. The fact that he was cute to look at and (unknown to him) gave me a tempting glimpse of skin and his underwear as he leaned over to retrieve something from under the counter, of course, played no part in my purchase.

As is customary with technology that I am assured is ideal, I struggled with the ostensibly plain language instructions but eventually got the camera and computer downloads to work. My test videos, which I intended to post in triumph on this blog, proved too jerky for me to publish although the quality of the picture - unsteadiness aside - is excellent. I will need to work on my steady hand.

1 comment:

  1. I am sure some salesmen do that kind of thing deliberately when they 'pick' you. As you, I never mind. I can't imagine what you are going to video.

    ReplyDelete