Sunday 6 December 2009

The Informant!


An executive, Matt Damon, is drawn into a FBI investigation after he reports an apparent attempt at corporate blackmail. As the investigation develops, the executive's role in the affair becomes increasingly uncertain. The film is an adapation of true events.

The trailers for The Informant! are humorous and suggest the film is a comedy or satire. The use of 1970s style whimsical screen captions and background music - odd, given that the story is mostly set in the 1990s - added to my impression that we are meant to find this film funny but all the humorous bits were in the trailers. The film itself is...well...unfunny.

It is all played out in a sort of monotone and only piqued my interest in the final twenty minutes. Some members of the audience walked out, presumably bored, before the film was half way through and yet I heard one couple comment at the end how clever it was. For mine, this film is a disappointment.

2 comments:

  1. I love Matt Damon. He is one of my favs. I never made it to the theater to see this but I probably will still see it on netflix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love matt too! =D didn't know this movie came out. must be more indie. p.s. i love the random pics and things on ur blog. keeps things interesting.

    ReplyDelete