Saturday 9 January 2010

Damn you, Billy!


He's done it to me again.

Last night, Billy Elliot was screened on television...once more...and I switched on for the last twenty minutes.

Although I have seen the film numerous times, although I know exactly what happens, although I was only watching for the final twenty minutes, I was in tears at the end.

This film does it to me every time. There is something about the story, something about the way it is portrayed, something about the effectiveness of the performances that makes me highly emotional.

Every single time.

It is as though I am seeing the film for the first time...every time. Does any film do this to you?

3 comments:

  1. Ages since I have seen it, but yes, I cry but not as much as I do when I see Lassie Comes Home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's exactly the same for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the film much more than I did the stage show.

    ReplyDelete