Sunday 7 February 2010

'We sat here together just to pass time'*

(* The Coffee Song by Colton and Smith)
(Morning Underground by Weaver Hawkins)

Met up at The Art Gallery of NSW for afternoon coffee with Rt and Jy, down from the Gold Coast to see the Edinburgh Tattoo, and with An. Whilst waiting for them I browsed the Australian section and snapped Hawkins' painting that has always appealed to me.

It was terrific to see the Gallery packed with visitors on this wet Sunday. Lots of families around enjoying the free entertainment available for children and lots of eye candy regardless of your sexual orientation. So lively compared with weekdays which is usually when I visit.

2 comments:

  1. What is about this picture that tickles your fancy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Evol - the picture reminds me of my early days travelling to and from work on the 'red rattlers' in Sydney and later on the Tube in London.

    I also like the colour and think the people featured look amusing.

    ReplyDelete