Monday 22 March 2010

Stockholm

(Leeanna Walsman and Socratis Otto)

I wasn't thinking of the irony yesterday when I went to see The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo that I was scheduled the next day to see the Sydney Theatre Company's current offering, 'Stockholm'.

This is a two hander in which a couple, Todd and Kali, are into all kinds of things Swedish and are about to embark on a visit to Stockholm. We see the couple in happy and combative mood, stepping out of character at times to comment on themselves or to display their demons and at other times engaging in slow song and dance movements to illustrate their relationship.

There is quite bit going on during the mere 70 minutes of this production. Interesting and something different.

2 comments:

  1. Should I see this when I return? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. James - despite the title, I feel there is not so much Swedish stuff to excite your interest. There is a small amount of (mock?) Swedish language and the couple are planning a trip to Stockholm but the title really is more a reference to 'the Stockholm Sydrome'.

    ReplyDelete