Friday 10 September 2010

Going The Distance

In 'Going The Distance', journalist intern Drew Barrymore meets Justin Long in New York whilst she is on a six weeks summer placement. When Barrymore has to return to her San Francisco home, the two confront the difficulties of maintaining a long distance relationship.

There are no prizes for guessing the likely outcome in the rom-com situation although the resolution is achieved with less than the usual angst for films such as this. Barrymore and Long have good screen chemistry; unsurprising given that they are a couple in real life.

I can watch almost anything set in New York and whilst we see less of San Francisco, the other location in this film, both are their usual attractive settings.

There is not much to this film and although some of the humour is crude I chuckled a lot throughout and really enjoyed it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm really excited to see this. I'm hoping to go this weekend. I think he is so cute/sexy. And I've been a long fan of Drew's.

    ReplyDelete