Friday 19 November 2010

Wild Target

A hitman is engaged to kill a female art swindler but the two end up teaming together with a young bystander to battle a motley group of hoodlums and standover merchants.
The befuddled assassins of 'Wild Target' are a very different kettle of fish from the dour and silent assassins of 'The American'.

The British seem to delight in murderous comedies and this reamke of a French original is their latest in the genre. Despite a high body count and plenty of improbable silliness I found this an enjoyable romp from start to finish.

I must have blinked at a crucuial moment and missed the explanation or maybe I'm naive but can anyone tell me why Emily Blunt asks each man how much he weighs before she seduces him?

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps it is like public transport, a crush load.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrew - that was my initial thought too but then I wondered whether some other less crass explanation was going to be revealed.

    ReplyDelete