Wednesday 29 December 2010

Iceberg on a warm day

Cs and I wandered down from his beachside home to the Icebergs Club this afternoon to renew our memberships for next year.

(Click photos to enlarge)


There were plenty of people about on what turned out to be the best day so far of the festive season this year in Sydney.


We shared a plate of wedges over drinks in the club and propped up against the bar whilst lucky ones enjoyed their balcony tables overlooking the beach.


There was a surprisingly large crowd on Bondi Beach for what after all is technically a working day albeit within many people's holiday period. This was the scene at 1.25pm. You might be able to make out a large silver structure just jutting over the sand about mid-beach. This is a temporary stage under construction for the bands that will play there at a New Years Eve party. To the left of the stage is long structure with a roof like a row of tent tops. These are Portaloos erected for the NYE party.

4 comments:

  1. I'm longing for summer time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you love our summer pics, Walt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least I know what that tall pipe in the background is used for. Yuk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I visited Bondi beach last December when I was in Australia on vacation and your photos have made me miss your country something fierce.

    ReplyDelete