Tuesday 11 January 2011

'...and Thursday will be devastating.'


Those were the words uttered by Brisbane Mayor, Campbell Newman, this afternoon as I watched on television the flood situation in South-east Queensland spreading and worsening with stunning speed.

I was booked to fly into Brisbane on Thursday afternoon for a gathering with friends which was arranged months ago. A quick text to one of those friends in Brisbane and that get-together is almost certainly postponed. I'm waiting for a confirming phone call before contacting the airline to cancel my flights.

2 comments:

  1. Hey

    I would cancel. I work at the airport for a charter airline and they evacuated the offices and said not to be too hopeful for the next couple of days.

    But you never know...........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Damien. Shortly after posting this item it was clear how serious the deteriorating situation was becoming and I cancelled the flights. I hope you, your loved ones and property are dry and safe.

    ReplyDelete