Friday 7 January 2011

I wanna stick around a while and get my kicks*

('Jailhouse Rock' by Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller)


This weekend every year - the second in January - the regional town of Parkes holds it's Elvis Presley Festival and every year the media reports on the Elvis Express, a train which conveys participants to the festival from Sydney.

Reporting the event this year I heard James' ABC refer to the various Elvis Presleys travelling as the 'Elv-eye'. I presume this is now the approved term for a number of Elvises.

That's fine by me.

The Elv-eye have left the room.

3 comments:

  1. I'm wondering whether the plural might be Elves instead as axis, basis and testis become axes, bases and testes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elvis, ABBA... how much retro can you have in a week?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can we trust you will attend and share photos with us?

    ReplyDelete