Wednesday 23 February 2011

Drip, drip, drip

My kitchen is twenty years old. I had it installed when I bought the apartment. I can't recall having to replace any washers in my kitchen tap since then and so wasn't surprised when it started to leak last week. Drip, drip, drip, noisily and splashily all day and night.

I'm not into DIY, except for the most routine of repairs and that does not extend to changing washers which I know constitutes routine repairs for many people.

I called Phil the Plumber, my favourite and spunkiest tradesman and arranged for him to do the repair. I discarded any sense of embarrassment of paying for such fundamental work long ago and besides any opportunity to perve on Phil the Plumber trumps embarrassment.

As it turns out my kitchen tap is a Kugler which according to Phil the Plumber has a ceramic disk based operation and does not contain washers. I was immediately lifted beyond helpless gay man status with this news.

Phil the Plumber is not only good looking but he produces simple solutions to my problems. The taps only require a 90 degree turn to reach full flow and by simply turning them to full flow then turning them off Phil the Plumber stopped, stopped, stopped my drip, drip, drip.

Of course, this may not provide a permanent solution if Phil the Plumber is correct that something may have got stuck between the ceramic disks but, hey, my problem has gone away...for now.

And the best news is that Phil the Plumber charged nothing, nothing, nothing for the visit. Good looking and decent to boot.

6 comments:

  1. Phil the Plumber comes to the aid of a damsel in distress and stops her constant drip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fluttering my eyelids.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you thank you thank you!!!!
    Who'd have thought googling Kugler would come up with a gay man's blog on a dripping tap?! I'm indebted! :=)

    ReplyDelete
  4. an internet full of useless straight men & old fashioned videos telling me nothing useful.
    Thank you Victor - the only site where i can find helpful information regarding fixing modern taps. Great work

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Victor for solving my leaking Kugler tap problem! Just read your post, tried it and it works, wonderful! My very over-weight plumber told my wife a year ago to put up with the problem until such time as it became unbearble and then he would come in and replace the tap. He had no idea!

    Does Phil the plumber operate in the Lower North Shore area?

    KS

    ReplyDelete
  6. KS, I'm sure Phil unconsciously is pleased his advice has had such far reaching effect. I don't know the boundaries of Phil's work having only seen him in the Eastern suburbs.

    ReplyDelete