Monday 3 October 2011

Home sweet home

As enjoyable as my short visit to Melbourne was it is good to return home even if it is to an apartment covered in dust from the windows installation undertaken last week. And then there are the little bits of broken glass and debris that wasn't noticeable before I went away but that now seem to have formed a new crackling carpet.

It was pretty cool in Melbourne this morning, just 6 centigrade, but by the time I got to the airport it was clear the city was going to enjoy a sunny mild day that would have been easily the best weather of my five days visit if only I had been staying. Isn't that always the way with holiday trips?

My flight was scheduled to depart at 12 noon but was delayed by half an hour so that an engineer could secure the pilot's seat. Apparently it was unstable. I haven't heard that explanation for a flight delay before. When finally we got away we were informed the weather in Sydney was showery but if so there was no evidence of that when we flew in. It was sunny if cool when I arrived. The taxi driver confirmed that it had been raining earlier.

So now I'm home. First chore to get my laundry underway, then to get some food, milk etc and then sleep, blissful sleep, before returning to work tomorrow.

Just for the record a photo from my stay in Melbourne of morning balloon flights over the city. Andrew occasionally posts photos he takes of these joy flights from his high rise so I was somewhat chuffed to observe the same sight from my hotel window on Sunday morning.

Three balloons on the rise
A balloon passes over the 91 storeys tall Eureka Tower

1 comment:

  1. The Highrise is certainly visible in the first photo, the building with the stepped top at the peak of the Shrine.

    ReplyDelete