Saturday 1 October 2011

Rain, trams, blogger meet, football, phantoms

A mostly rainy day in Melbourne today although the weather fortuitously eased during the Australian Football League's Grand Final match played at Melbourne's Cricket Ground close by to my hotel. I think each one of the 99,537 attendance passed my hotel at some stage during the day virtually every one of whom wore Blue and White or Black and White scarves. The Blue and White team prevailed in the match itself.

I spent the morning circling the city centre by tram partly to avoid returning to the rain but also because I was enjoying this easy sightseeing method.

Then, by arrangement, I met blogger friend Andrew and his partner R for lunch. It was good to finally meet them in person and I hope we will meet again in future.

I returned to my hotel to watch the football on television taking occasional peeks out the window to see the passage to and from the ground of those attending it live.

A short rest followed and then it was off to a nearby theatre to see 'Love Never Dies' about which I will blog later.

No comments:

Post a Comment