Sunday 27 November 2011

E waste and the harbour

The local council conducted an E waste collection today. This is a collection for no longer wanted electronic items other than white goods. The goods handed over are recycled, into what I do not know. Like me most people were dropping off old computer equipment. I suppose the notion of E waste did not exist more than about five years ago. This year's collection was by the harbour at Lyne Park in Rose Bay.

After dropping off my old equipment I drove to a nearby vantage point to enjoy the view.

Looking west from Bayview Hill Road
Click to enlarge and see kayakers mid harbour
A seaplane taxiing at the Rose Bay base

2 comments:

  1. I just took a gander with satellite, and Sydney Harbour must be unsuitable for swimming as there are so many private swimming pools.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a wonder anyone with waterfront property in Sydney can afford a swimming pool. There would be very little small change left after paying for the property.

    I feel sorry for them...not.

    ReplyDelete